keyserver-options: self-sigs-only, import-clean, import-minimal

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Jul 3 11:59:08 CEST 2019

On 03/07/2019 09:13, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:
> The current state is that we keep only self-signatures and then then
> import again with import-clean (which is then basically identical to
> import-minimal).

What is the difference in the end result between --keyserver-options
self-sigs-only and --import-options import-minimal? I think the former
keeps all self sigs and the latter only the most recent valid self sig?
Is it perhaps possible to incorporate the desired functionality of
self-sigs-only into import-minimal, avoiding another extra option?
Perhaps the extra granularity of self-sigs-only is not a useful feature
for users, and poisoned keys should just be imported by import-minimal
which could automatically imply the current functionality of
self-sigs-only.

HTH,

Peter.