SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Wed Jul 3 16:59:18 CEST 2019

Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> O.k. but as understood it is in active development and I thought,
> even if it is the protocol, that it would be easier to fix issues
> in hockeypuck than in SKS, due to the fact that Golang is more
> modern and has a bigger programmers community.

Now, you awake my interest. You said it is the protocol, so let's
say when Werner and his hackers has fixed the issue in GnuPG and
for a protocol you usually have to sides, to work with, could that
not mean then when Werner does x,y,z code in GnuPG that hockeypuck
must follow x,y,z code in order that the protocol works ... ?!

Or do SKS key servers dictate how GnuPG's submission / receiving
protocol must work?

Regards
Stefan