SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Jul 3 17:15:59 CEST 2019

On 03/07/2019 16:00, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> If I had time and money I would hire a lawyer, would formulate a letter
> for SKS operators stating that I request the removal of my pub key data
> and would as EU citizen refer in this letter to our GDPR.

Do you object to your data being available not only from the many public
archives of this mailing list but also from the SKS keyserver network?
If so: why? Don't you think many more people would use a web search to
find out about your name and e-mail address than use a keyserver search?
And why the hell does <https://keybase.io/stefan_claas> exist then?!?!

Or is it not that you wish to invoke the GDPR for what it was meant for,
but rather you want to force the SKS keyserver network to go down,
forcing your world view upon the good people running the network? If so:
why do you feel entitled to do that?

I seem to remember you threatening, more than a year ago, to hose some
specific person's public key, who was it again, with bogus third-party
signatures.

I get the notion you're not what you'd call a "team player". "Bully"
seems to be a better description. I'm going to leave it at that, because
I don't want the list to go down the road I so desperately want to go
personally. I'll take some solace from having recently read some
stronger qualifications in a public post.

Peter.