New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Phil Pennock gnupg-users at spodhuis.org
Thu Jul 4 04:29:01 CEST 2019

On 2019-07-03 at 09:17 +0100, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
> I didn't even know it supported finger URLs - handy to know! Opening a
> finger port may be a step too far for the security-conscious though...

Depends upon the implementation.  I'm biased here, I wrote my own in

See the AttackSurface.md doc therein too.

That provides the finger service for @spodhuis.org ... using the FreeBSD
port 1079 example configuration.  A packet filter redirects port 79 to
the correct port in the Jail which lacks outbound network connectivity
except via NAT state for established connections.

-Phil