WKD documentation (Re: Testing WKD setup?)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 9 16:47:15 CEST 2019

Hi Wiktor,

[https://metacode.biz/openpgp/web-key-directory]

Am Dienstag 09 Juli 2019 15:50:01 schrieb Wiktor Kwapisiewicz via Gnupg-users:

> On 09.07.2019 15:02, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Note that on Wiktor's page a few details are missing:
> >   * policy file is needed
> >   * directory listing strongly recommend to be off
> >   * minimum version of gpg that has --with-wkd (some versions don't).
>
> Policy file is checked during WKD check (and I saw the original poster
> did set it up).

My suggestion is to mention this in the "Setting up" section,
because otherwise people will only learn it when using the checker.

> Checking directory listing would be an interesting thing
> to add! (Although this would be only heuristic).

Yes, this is just a recommendation (though a strong one). :)
Some people may decide to publish the whole directory.

> Once upon
> a time I mailed random PGP-using people asking if they'd consider
> setting it up and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Cool, if you receive answer, please help us to keep the list of supporting
organisations growing at https://wiki.gnupg.org/WKD
(We'd have to move it to a subpage soon.)

> No problem! I actually also implemented WKD in a couple of projects in
> three different languages (OpenKeychain, OpenPGP.js, initial support in
> Mailpile,

Cool! Anything more you can share?

> I did have a patch for mutt but they didn't like the idea :))

Do you have a link to your upstream submission? Maybe others users can help to
state their interest? Did you also give it to https://neomutt.org/?

Best Regards,
Bernhard