revoke last valid user ID

ilf ilf at zeromail.org
Mon Jul 22 19:28:16 CEST 2019

Doing more keyring housekeeping, I would like to all revoke user IDs of
keypairs with revoked/expired certificates. However, I am getting this
error:

> gpg: Cannot revoke the last valid user ID.

This is also in the documentation:

> --quick-revoke-uid user-id user-id-to-revoke
> This command revokes a user ID on an existing key. It cannot be used
> to revoke the last user ID on key (some non-revoked user ID must
> remain) […]

https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/OpenPGP-Key-Management.html

Why it this?

I have keypairs with revoked/expired certificates keys in my keyring
which have *all* user IDs revoked. And I am sure I want to do this. Is
there a way to override this limitation?

--
ilf

If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.