[gpg4win-3.1.7] Automated importing of public keys

emordin emordin at protonmail.com
Mon Jun 3 18:03:56 CEST 2019

I'm learning to use PGP on Windows and I downloaded the gpg4win-3.1.7 package which contains:

[GnuPG](https://www.gnupg.org/)
2.2.15
[Kleopatra](https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kleopatra/)
3.1.7
[GPA](https://www.gnupg.org/related_software/gpa/index.html)
0.10.0
[GpgOL](https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpgol.git;a=summary)
2.3.3
[GpgEX](https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpgex.git;a=summary)
1.0.6
[Kompendium (de)](https://www.gpg4win.org/doc/de/gpg4win-compendium.html)
4.0.1
[Compendium (en)](https://www.gpg4win.org/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium.html)
3.0.0

I installed GnuPG, Kleopatra (certificate manager), GPA (graphical manager of keys), and GpgEX (

GnupG extension for the Windows Explorer)... My question is when I use programs like Enigmail or the Mailvelope browser plugin, my public key gets automatically imported to those programs. Is this a feature of GnuPG on all OS's (Linux,etc) or is this only a feature on Windows? If this is a feature for GnuPG, does anyone know what daemon/service is running this? And if there is any documentation online to how this process works?

Thanks.