ProtonMail and Anonymity

Kirill Peskov kirillp at paranoid.email
Sun Jun 9 08:57:25 CEST 2019

First of all...

On 05.05.19 12:12, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> appologies for posting this, but I think it could
> be of interest for GnuPG users, because ProtoMail
> uses the OpenPGP protocol too.

It uses OpenPGP protocol, but quite a twisted way. And they're not
OpenPGP-compliant, because they're not able to encrypt mails leaving
their domain. Any webmail by itself cannot be secure, because provider
can always send you 'modified' browser applet and steal your private key
and some day — the passphrase.

Real anonymous email services are out there in .onion domain, but
they're neither stable nor trusted by non-onion recipients...

Cheers,

Kirill