New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 17 01:19:39 CEST 2019

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 04:10:34PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Vincent Breitmoser wrote:
>

> > > Maybe you can consider in the future at least to allow CA sigs.
> > > Those would be only one sig per key and the CA signing keys
> > > could be stored in your database as reference as well.
> > >
> > > Currently 3 CAs come to mind: Governikus, Heise and CAcert.
> >
> > Interesting thought!  I would be a bit worried about slipping into a
> > gatekeeper role, but at least there are no technical issues with this.
>
> Thanks for your reply! I think this would be also appreciated
> by the CAs, in case they decide later to run your key server
> software as well, or for companies etc. whishing to having their
> own CA and using your key server software too.
Yes, from the perspective of Gentoo Linux, we've recently spun up
dedicated keyservers intended for @gentoo.org keys only. And being able
to include our own CA for approved signatures would fit well with future
plans.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
E-Mail   : robbat2 at gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136