Invitation to the 5th OpenPGP Email Summit

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Tue Jun 18 13:05:38 CEST 2019

I'm happy to announce the 5th OpenPGP Email Summit which will take place

  Saturday, October 12 until Sunday, October 13, 2019
  in Berlin (Germany) at the Onion Space.

Last year, the idea came up that it would be nice if some of the topics
discussed could directly be prototyped. I have therefore booked the
Onion Space for Monday and Tuesday (October 14/15), such that those who
are interested can directly start working on their product.

ABOUT THE OpenPGP EMAIL SUMMIT
==============================

This is an event open for anybody involved in the development of email
clients using OpenPGP for encryption, and related software.

We already had four OpenPGP Email Summits at various locations in
Europe. These are meetings by technical experts of projects and tools
dealing with OpenPGP with a focus on email encryption. The goals are to
better get to know each other, and to discuss and work on several
technical issues that hopefully improve certain aspects of OpenPGP-based
email encryption. For details, see
  https://wiki.gnupg.org/OpenPGPEmailSummits

REGISTRATION
============
If you want to attend, please *send an informal email* to:
 patrick at enigmail.net

Please let me know if you plan to stay on Monday and/or Tuesday.

If you need funding for your travel/hotel expenses, then please get
in contact with me.

NOTES
=====
This is a meeting of those who develop software. Thus, we will have a
lot of tech talk about key servers, key exchange, subject encryption,
password recovery, etc. If you just are interested in these topics as a
user, you probably will be bored to death .

Thus, feel free to join us if you are working in the area of
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
- for SENDING or PROCESSING ENCRYPTED EMAILS
- with OpenPGP
- in a project or product.

Note however, that due to capacity reasons we cannot have more
than 1-2 people from each project. We can host about 30 attendees.

Note that this is still neither a well-organized conference nor a
commercial meeting. The agenda will be driven by the attendees. Anyone
may propose any topic for discussion, as long as he/she is ready to lead
the discussion.

More details are/will be available on the web site:
https://wiki.gnupg.org/OpenPGPEmailSummit201910

Looking forward to meeting you in Berlin
-Patrick

--
Patrick Brunschwig
mailto:patrick at enigmail.net
PGP fingerprint: 4F9F 89F5 505A C1D1 A260 631C DB11 87B9 DD5F 693B