gpg-agent systemd user service [was: Re: GnuPG and SSH_AUTH_SOCK value]

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:44:38 CEST 2019

Hello.

Am Dienstag, den 25.06.2019, 11:12 -0400 schrieb Daniel Kahn Gillmor:
> On Tue 2019-06-25 13:07:03 +0200, Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-users
> wrote:
> > This is my $HOME/.config/systemd/user/gpg-agent.service:

> If you're using gpg-agent as a systemd user service, please use the
> systemd unit files (.service and .socket definitions) that ship with
> GnuPG itself.

Sorry, I didn't even know there are such files. I just used the
packages from Fedora and didn't look deeper into the packages. Thanks
for your Comment.

> If the standard upstream service doesn't work for you for some
> reason, please explain why it doesn't work for you, and report it as
> a bug so that we can fix it for everyone.

I'll test them this evening, thanks againm.

> While you're of course free to use custom variants like this for
> yourself, please don't recommend that other people use them, because
> it makes it much more difficult for the GnuPG project to support
> other users.

I didn't know about them and have not seen thgem in the source tree.
Pure blindness I think.

Regards,
Dirk

--
Dirk Gottschalk

GPG: 4278 1FCA 035A 9A63 4166  CE11 7544 0AD9 4996 F380
Keybase: https://keybase.io/dgottschalk
GitHub: https://github.com/Dirk1980ac