New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Wed Jun 26 10:46:03 CEST 2019

Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:

> > > What if I upload your key to a server though? Keep in mind this is not
> > > just a "nice to have", it is a legal requirement.
> >
> > For whom, the holder of the mail address, the uploader, or the
> > responsible person for thge keyserver?
> >
> > Please cite the section from the GDPR and the, say, German
> > implementation along with relevant commentary to show why this is a
> > legal requirement.
>
> Maybe article 17 makes it clear that at least people have the right
> that their data has to been deleted, which is with the old model not
> possible.
>
> https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

And then we should take a closer look at section d):

the personal data have been unlawfully processed;

Maybe worth further discussions. If someone trollwot my pub key
and it has illegal content then it would be IMHO unlawful. Now
I think if I am not giving my consent to upload and process my
pub key it would be also unlawful, right?

Regards
Stefan