SKS Keyserver Network Under Attack

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Jun 30 10:37:14 CEST 2019

> Thankfully there is a practical - if drastic - solution for all
> OpenPGP users everywhere. Point pool.sks-keyservers.net (and its
> various aliases) somewhere else. The question is where to and how
> soon.

(I am certain Andrew has already considered this: I am making explicit
what I think Andrew considered to be implicit.)

The obvious choice there is hkps://keys.openpgp.org.  The problem there
is keys.openpgp.org is not a drop-in replacement for SKS, and there's a
tremendous chance of breaking workflows in unpredictable places.