SKS Keyserver Network Under Attack

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Jun 30 11:37:02 CEST 2019

> Can someone please explain to me why the GnuPG flag for key servers
> --no-modify is in GnuPG and why the authors of key server software
> did not implemented this feature?

It's pretty unreasonable to think a piece of software from 2003, meant
as a drop-in replacement for software written in 1993, would implement a
feature that first appeared in GnuPG around 2013.[1]

If your next question is, "well, why doesn't SKS get modernized?", the
answer is "with what personnel and what budget?"  SKS doesn't even have
a maintainer, for God's sake.

[1] That "around 2013" is a guess: I don't know off the top of my head
when that was first added to GnuPG.