Default trust-model TOFU

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Mar 10 20:39:16 CET 2019

On Fri,  8 Mar 2019 20:21, tlikonen at iki.fi said:

> have plans for that, to set the default trust model to "tofu" or
> "tofu+pgp"?

I am still not convinced that the UI as implemented on the command line
is better that what we have now.  It looks more complicated than what
one would expect under TOFU.

The tracking of all signature verification and thus decryption
operations in a local database does not feel right.  It has been
implemented to avoid counting signature several times which would give a
wrong picture of the key usage patterns over time.

I would like to address these two problems first.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner