ProtonMail and Anonymity

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon May 6 16:15:46 CEST 2019

Am Mon, 6 May 2019 08:53:14 -0400
schrieb Jeff Allen <jrallen at runbox.com>:

> People who don't trust ProtonMail shouldn't use it.

Absolutely! But I think it does not hurt to post
such things to educate PGP users how different
services or software applications etc. handle such
privacy related things, especially when using the
word anonymous.

I am not sure if you ever used an anonymous email
service, but I think, if, you would agree with me
that ProtonMail's procedure is not anonymous like
real anonymous email services are and therefore they
should IMHO not advertise Anonymity as a feature.

Regards
Stefan