ProtonMail and Anonymity

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Thu May 9 16:44:18 CEST 2019

Am Wed, 8 May 2019 18:41:13 -0400
schrieb Tony Lane <codeguro at gmail.com>:

> Isn't the whole point of GPG to hide the content or who it's intended
> to?

Well, yes to hide the content, that is true, but the recipient is known
and GnuPG produces the encrypted and armored content in an IMHO
non-optimal way.

In case Werner is reading this thread ..., I kindly request that you
implement for future generations of GnuPG users message padding
and and stealth mode, we had in PGP, back in the mid 90's, so
that procmail and Co. have it more difficult to filter PGP messages.

It could be implemented in gpg.conf, like:

--stealth-mode = true
--padding = integer (like minimum 1024, or 2048 etc.)

Regards
Stefan