Python: interact callback issues

aaltan aaltan.ahmad at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:32:02 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the "keytocard" functionality in the GPGME python
bindings using the "interact" function. However, I can't figure out how to
get the callback to work. My callback does indeed get called, but how do I
return my response? Returning my response to the prompt as a string e.g
"fpr"  or "key 1" or "keytocard" simply causes my whole script to hang. Am
I doing something wrong? You can view the code and output here:
https://pastebin.com/8BzTX5Y9 . It seems like the script just hangs after
returning from the callback the second time...

I'm basically following this structure:
https://github.com/gpg/gpgme/blob/b182838f71d8349d6cd7be9ecfb859b893d09127/lang/python/tests/t-edit.py

Any help much appreciated :)

Aaltan