Conflict Due to Multiple Instances of Smart Card Daemon

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 23 11:53:13 CEST 2019

On Wed, 22 May 2019 00:21, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> work without requring removal/re-insertion of the card, but presumably
> such a change has security implications or the original developers
> would not have used PCSC_SHARE_EXCLUSIVE. So... I don't know if such a
> change is advisable. Any feedback on that? I'm thinking that it may

Don't.  We are currently working on autoswitching between different
applications on the card and thus a controlling instance is required.  A
second daemon (ie. using a second GNUPGHOME) on the same reader is thus
not a good idea.

FWIW, scdameon handles several readers just fine.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner