I've been hacked and now I only use a key pair on keybase.

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Mon May 27 10:05:59 CEST 2019

On 26/05/2019 15:42, Stefan Claas wrote:
> murphy wrote:
>
> Hi murphy,
>
>>> ...until I have the funds to
>>> buy me a new *offline* usage Notebook.
>>
>> Hi Stefan - I don't know your use model but you can't beat a $5 USD
>> Rapsberry Pi Zero V1.3 for a cheap offline platform that can compile
>> and use GnuPG 2.2.15. murphy
>>

> Thanks for the info, good idea! For certain tasks I would
> however prefer a small Notebook.
For the last four years or so, I have maintained my PGP primary key on a
Tails[0] thumb drive, and my subkeys on a redundant pair of OpenPGP
smartcards. This gives me:

a) offline storage of my master key
b) secure backup of all key material
c) convenient access using any of my existing machines

I started developing a tool[1] to simplify the management of the offline
primary key on the Tails drive, but development has stalled. If there is
genuine interest out there, I will dedicate some more time to it.

[0] https://tails.boum.org
[1] https://github.com/andrewgdotcom/frith

--
Andrew Gallagher