Encryption Algorithm for GnuPG?

Michał Górny mgorny at gentoo.org
Mon May 27 15:18:44 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-05-26 at 23:30 -0700, Procopius via Gnupg-users wrote:
> If it’s NIST AES that is under the US Government? Wouldn’t that be in danger of a US back door in the algorithm?

Why would them bother trying to split a backdoor in the algorithm
unnoticed if it's much simpler to install it in the hardware and go
straight for the unencrypted data?  In fact, I'm pretty sure they would
actually encourage you to use strong encryption just to let your guard
down!

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny