BSI withdraws approval of GnuPG (revisited after 3 month)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Nov 4 17:40:45 CET 2019

> Should we consider our data protected by GnuPG insecure as german authorities obviously do?

Whoa there, chief.  You're taking some *wild* leaps.  There is
absolutely no indication BSI believes OpenPGP is insecure.  It's just
that BSI believes OpenPGP doesn't meet their particular application
requirements.  This could be as simple as, "we prohibit the use of 3DES,
but OpenPGP lists it as a MUST algorithm".