decryption failed: secret key not available

Bobby Richardson (bobbyric) bobbyric at cisco.com
Sat Nov 9 01:42:47 CET 2019

Hello:

I need a help in my gpg decryption with crontab.
Recently my gpg decryption with crontab started failing.
If I do gpg decryption without crontab, it works fine.

Here is my background information:
Platform: Centos 7
gpg version: 2.0.22

# When I use crontab with my decryption script in perl, I get following result:
PGP Decryption Begins.
Found:  [JW11072019_8559.OUT.pgp] to decrypt.
gpg: encrypted with ELG key, ID 636A4204
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

# In my login credential profile, I have following configuration:
chmod 666 `tty`

# GPG Decrytion
in my perl script.
# $PGPpwd has a passphrase string.
`echo $PGPpwd | gpg2 --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --decrypt $PGPFile > $ZIPFile`;

I searched for any helpful resources and advices from internet and did not find any.
Does anyone have any suggestion that I can try?

Thank you.
Bobby