Extraction of public key from an encrypted etc. message

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Nov 16 01:23:31 CET 2019

Hello.

Is there a way to extract the public key that can be seen when
doing --list-packets from any XY where this very circumstance is
true?

In times where people use Autocrypt headers to distribute their
(stripped etc.) public key with each message they send, it really
makes me a bit sad that when i get a message that actually is
encrypted for the sender and for me i have to download the key
from somewhere else.

The public key _is_ in there, no?
I could not find a solution via web search.

Thanks,

--steffen