gpg-agent, pinentry and Emacs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 25 16:56:56 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:44, Werner Koch said:

> Thanks.  I don't see that INSIDE_EMACS is propagated and I can duplicate

My fault.  We pass the the envvars to pinentry using setnev in an atfork
handler.  Thus we do not see them in the Assuan log.  I added some
logging to so that we can now see without a wrapper which envvars care
send to pinentry.

In my tests INSIDE_EMACS is set if I set it before calling gpg;
regardless of whether the agent is running or not.  Thus the problem is
not in gnupg but may be in pinentry or the emacs code calling gpg.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner