We have GOT TO make things simpler

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Thu Oct 3 23:53:00 CEST 2019

Dennis Clarke wrote:

> On 10/2/19 4:15 PM, Chris Narkiewicz via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > On 02/10/2019 00:55, Tony Lane via Gnupg-users wrote:
> >> This is not an issue with GnuPG. GnuPG is a back-end utility that
> >> front-end applications (like GUIs) interface to. Go to your vendor of
> >> choice that interfaces with GPG and complain (...)
> >
> > And this is precisely why GnuPG failed.
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
>

> If a user needs a masters degree and twenty years of experience to use a
> tool then the tool will only ever be used by such people.  Common sense.

And this is probably the reason why digital signatures from GnuPG were never
been adopted (for business related things) in the EU and elsewere.

A good example for easy creation of digital signatures I came across today.

This service is free of charge. One only needs a card reader and his / her
ID-card. plus the free Open eCard software.

https://pilots.futuretrust.eu/sigs

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas