We have GOT TO make things simpler

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sat Oct 5 15:41:40 CEST 2019

Jeff Allen via Gnupg-users wrote:

> I agree that there are easier-to-learn encryption solutions than GnuPG.
> Mailvelope, FlowCrypt, ProtonMail, Mailfence and Tutanota come
> immediately to mind.  Any is adequate for the privacy needs of the
> masses.  Unfortunately, the masses haven't swarmed to them any more than
> to PGP or GnuPG.  The masses think they have nothing to hide.  They
> aren't at all concerned about privacy.

We should also ask ourselves why for example a required minimum set
from the OpenPGP protocol is not natively supported by major apps,
like MUAs and Web browsers or on OS level like GnuPG in Linux but
not in macOS or Windows?

Everybody speaks https or smtps and probably S/MIME but what about
OpenPGP?

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas