How to improve our GUIs (was: We have GOT TO make things simpler)

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:45:34 CEST 2019

> Hi
>

> On Monday 7 October 2019 at 9:15:54 AM, in
> <mid:543a86d8-21bf-aec3-5141-84e005d2def6 at mail.com>, john doe wrote:-
>

>> would it be possible to add the ability to
>> checksum the binaries?
>
> When a new GnuPG version is announced, there are checksums in the
> announcement. For example, see https://gnupg.org/index.html#sec-3-2.

To summarize:

- Checksumming a file insures that the file has not been corrupted
- Verifying a file insures that the file has not been tempered with

Idealy, both steps are to be done.

To download gnupg:

https://gnupg.org/download/index.html

To checksum gnupg files you will fine the checksums in the announcement
e-mail which can be found at:

https://gnupg.org/index.html#sec-3-2

For example, the checksums for 2.2.17 are to be found at:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2019q3/000439.html

To download gpg4win:

https://gpg4win.org/download.html

Thanks to "Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org" and "MFPA