can not se and run gpg2 command

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 9 22:24:09 CEST 2019

On Wed,  9 Oct 2019 15:42, Fta said:

> I have installed Gnup in me windows 7, but I can not se and run the
> command gpg2

On some systems (mainly older Linux distributions), the current gpg is
still installed under the name gpg2.  On Windows we are using the name
gpg.exe now for many years.  Some HOWTOS tell you to use gpg2.exe but you
can and should use gpg.exe.

> C:\Users\Danuna\AppData\Roaming\gnupg>gpg.exe --version
> gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.17

Good.  You are using the latest version.

BTW, to get information on where GnuPG is installed you can use

  gpgconf.exe --list-dirs

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner