Future OpenPGP Support in Thunderbird

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 17 21:03:24 CEST 2019

On 16-10-2019 17:37, Binarus wrote:

> - either in understanding the APIs and command line parameters of a
> library / utility, and to keep up with changes, or
>
> - in re-inventing the wheel, which in this case for sure will cost much
> more time and eventually produce catastrophic security breaches and
> software which is drastically inferior compared to what we have now.

There is a 3rd option: build the library (open source anyway) and build
it directly into the product. That has the advantage of using existing,
tested code, allows to dump a lot of complexity for unused edge cases
and prevents the problems with different library versions with changes
between versions.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers