add-photo continued ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Wed Sep 4 20:45:25 CEST 2019

Hi all,

some of you may remember the add-photo thread we had a while ago
and I wondered why the max image size for a UAT packet is 16 MB.

Recently I saw a Twitter post explaining that a .jpeg image header
can contain 16 MB of data. I do not have the link currently handy,
sorry!

So here is a little keyserver test showing data in a .jpeg header
of a UAT packet.

It is a zipped folder containing 10 little 'messages' created with
openssl.

As keyserver I used the Ubuntu keyserver because it is then easier
for users to extract the data. Simple right-click on the image and
then once saved as index.jpg do an 'unzip index.jpg' to obtain the
folder with the text files.

<https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=0x9101026E485CA9DE&fingerprint=on&op=index>

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas