Which version of GnuPG to use?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 17 08:06:01 CEST 2019

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 23:49, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> speak, with a specially crafted software, when using an online computer
> with a SmardCard? I have read that the secret key can not been copied from
> the card, but what about the 'bits and pieces' in memory when decrypting?

Side-channel attacks on smartcards are an pretty old thing dating back
to the late 80ies.  Current smartcards are hardened against most such
attacks.  Unless you have physical access to the card the secrets and
their use on the card/token are well protected against any sniffing by
the host.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner