keys.openpgp.org not sending confirmation email

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Sep 17 21:58:38 CEST 2019

Binarus wrote:

> Actually, I currently don't know anybody who I could ask to sign my
> keys, and furthermore, the problem is bigger the other way around. Can I
> trust the key which I found on the key server for the intended
> recipient's email address? Can I at least be sure that the key server
> has sent a confirmation email to that email address and has received the
> answer? Or has it failed to do so due to a malformed email address, but
> finds that address nevertheless because it performs a full-text search
> against the key IDs?

If you would use your real name in your UID you could let Governikus
certify your key. Governikus is a German CA run on behalf by the BSI.

For that you will need a (certified) ID-card reader and AusweisApp2.

https://pgp.governikus.de/pgp/

Regarding the other questions, it would be IMHO really nice if we
would have internationally more CAs for GnuPG users, thus one must
not rely on the classical WoT signatures.

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas