File permissions issue while doing GPG encypt and decrypt

nithin reddy pullanreddy41 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 07:08:55 CEST 2020

Hi All,

We are using GnuPG 2.0.14 in CentOS linux servers. We are able to try to
encrypt and decrypt the files as a root user. Now we are facing issues with
the normal users who are trying to encrypt a file.

Example:- Root user and User  "nithin" are using same KEY ID for encryption
and decryptiong, USer "nithin" is trying to encrypt a file "file1.txt",
file1.txt is owned by nithin, when he encrypt the file1.txt, the encrypted
file "file1.txt.gpg" permission is getting changed to root not nithin, and
while "nithin" is trying to decrypt a file which have nithin as owner and
group, the decrypted file permissions also getting changed to root
 and root.

Need your help and suggestions here.

Regards
Pulla Nithin