Christmas giving

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Dec 10 17:58:50 CET 2020

> not sure if you have direkt contact to the GnuPG Verein,
> but I like to mention that Elon Musk is currently giving away
> again Bitcoins etc. This was posted also from his Twitter account.

It very likely was not.

https://news.bitcoin.com/spacex-bitcoin-scam-btc-giveaway-elon-musk-nasa-launch/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/02/03/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-bitcoin-scammers-twitter-not-cool/4650272002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/twitter-hackers-made-121000-in-bitcoin-analysis-shows.html

These "Elon Musk is giving away bitcoin!" scams have been going on for
years.

Stefan, think about it for a second.

Start with one bitcoin, trade it, get two back... transfer those two BTC
to another account... have that account send two BTC to Musk, get four
back... transfer those four to another account... send four BTC to Musk,
get eight back... transfer those eight to another account, get sixteen
back... cash out six BTC ( ** $111,000 USD ** ) and send ten to Musk,
get twenty back... cash out ten BTC ( ** 180,000 USD **), send ten to
another account, send them to Musk, get twenty back ...

But wait!  Once you have 10 BTC, it parallelizes.  So instead of cashing
out 10 BTC, you start an *entirely new* set of BTC trades.  Your first
10 BTC transfer yields 20 BTC, which you then split into two 10 BTC
transfers each yielding 20 BTC giving you 40.  You split those into four
10-BTC transfers and...

Musk, with all his billions, would literally be bankrupted in
single-digit hours.

Think about this stuff, Stefan.  Type in "Elon Musk bitcoin" into Google
before you share things like this.  Don't spread scams on this mailing list.