GPG Decrypt Error based on a timeout function?

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Sat Dec 19 00:50:20 CET 2020

On 2020-12-18 at 10:25 -0800, Dave via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Angel,
>   Yes, I want the script to run unattended, which the gpg process is
> not the right method, as you say: " you could configure the gpg
> password in the script, but then that would be roughly equivalent to
> the email account password."
>
>   Many thanks and stay safe and healthy,
> Dave

You cannot make a machine which needs a secret run fully unattended
without having such secret *somewhere*. You can move pieces around,
separate roles amongst different parts, protect a secret in a way that
a _different_ secret is needed instead, etc. But in the end, as the
machine needs that secret, you need to store it there. Or,
alternatively, have a human input it and have it stored in memory, with
the caveat that the machine won't be able to boot to a fully functional
state until that is provided.