Split private key in order to share among users

Alexander Kriegisch alexander at kriegisch.name
Mon Dec 21 01:50:59 CET 2020

ಚಿರಾಗ್ ನಟರಾಜ್ schrieb am 20.12.2020 16:57 (GMT +07:00):

> I believe you're talking about an implementation of Shamir's Secret
> Sharing Scheme. http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/ should do what you
> want.

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. I did some follow-up
reading. Thanks for the enlightening pointer and greetings to Karnataka
(I guess).

Stefan Claas schrieb am 20.12.2020 19:51 (GMT +07:00):

> An option would be if you would install a modern programming language
> like Google's Golang which then would allow you to easily
> cross-compile apps (...)
>
> https://github.com/search?l=Go&q=shamirs+secret+sharing&type=Repositories
>
> And if you are a Windows 10 user you could additionally install from
> the Microsoft Store WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) so that you have
> a bash shell, same as cmd.exe or Powershell and then could install
> also Linux packages or with the Golang option use a script to
> cross-compile for all platforms automatically. That way you have the
> best of all worlds. :-)

Thanks for the helpful information. I have WSL installed already and
also know how to compile with MSYS2 or Cygwin. Cross-compilation I know
from old times when I was using it in my Freetz project (Fritz!Box DSL
router firmware cross-compilation).

Instead of starting with Go and compiling native applications I took the
easy route and searched GitHub for Java packages. This one works nicely
and has a library as well as a CLI artifact available on Maven Central:

https://github.com/secretsharing/secretsharing

Cheers
--
Alexander Kriegisch