How Do I Overwrite Files in GnuPG?

Shelley Ford Shelley.Ford at celero.ca
Tue Dec 22 19:55:53 CET 2020

Thanks so much! That worked!

Shelley Ford

From: Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Shelley Ford <Shelley.Ford at celero.ca>
Cc: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
Subject: Re: How Do I Overwrite Files in GnuPG?

On 22 Dec 2020, at 16:49, Shelley Ford <Shelley.Ford at celero.ca<mailto:Shelley.Ford at celero.ca>> wrote:
gpg: Note: '--yes' is not considered an option
gpg: Note: '--batch' is not considered an option
What I'm using:
gpg --output e:\temp\test.txt.pgp --encrypt --recipient recipient at org e:\temp\test.txt --batch --yes
I'm using this on Windows 2016. I'm not sure what I'm missing...any ideas?

This is one of gpg’s little UI idiosyncrasies. '—batch', '—yes' etc. must come before actions such as '—encrypt' on the command line.

unauthorized and may be illegal.