Encrypted GPG files

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 21 18:38:23 CET 2020

Hi!

Thanks for your analysis; I have one additional comment:

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 23:28, Ángel said:

> I suspect that the problem may not actually be the packet format, but
> something else presented by the same client that is choosing new format
> (e.g. it could be choosing IDEA as cipher).

gpg support IDEA so that is can't be the problem.  A more likely problem
with older clients is that it does not support the MDC checksub we use
for nearly 20 years.

An easy test is to use the option --ignore-mdc-error for just this one
message and if that works, asking the communication partner to update
their software to something from the millenium.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner