Proposal - variable line width for ASCII armor output

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Thu Feb 27 01:08:36 CET 2020

* Stefan Claas:

> It should be noted that a fixed-width font would not help in this case,
> because with my proposal we are talking about a line-length paramter.

Making lines shorter to fit a vertical smartphone display? Or wider for
horizontal displays? For whatever functional purpose? The key data is
meant to be consumed by software, not to be visually pleasing to
humans. I dare say you won't be able to convince me that your idea is
beneficial in any way. ;-)

-Ralph