Syncing GnuPG data between computers

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Wed Jan 1 03:56:01 CET 2020

* Steve McKown via Gnupg-users:

> I currently only manage one GnuPG identity, and its private key
> material is stored on a smart card (Yubikey). So I think I'm only
> caring about other's keys, trust relationships, and the like.

If you can limit yourself to modifying files on only one computer before
a "sync", I recommend using Git pull/push operations for your key rings,
trust-DB etc.

I have been using this method for a long time to sync macOS and Linux,
and it works fine for me. The PGP files are binary and therefore opaque,
but apparently platform-independent.

-Ralph