Message Padding for GnuPG

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Jan 21 23:02:59 CET 2020

Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> some of you may remember that I proposed years ago 'message padding' for
> GnuPG, but it was never implemented nor did I received a reply here.
>
> A while ago Justus proposed this on the IETF GnuPG working group ML:
>
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/openpgp/wnwdiGRBrKpJos_djj6bgPd0IWU
>
> and I thought why wait ...
>
> Here is a solution for all users of encryption software and not only GnuPG:
>
> https://github.com/sac001/pad

Maybe also useful for some of you, when encrypting symmetrically with GnuPG,
because 'gpg --list-packets' shows the original byte size of the unencrypted
message or file, including the original filename.

Regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
    certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas