Passphrase Pop up

Dmitry Alexandrov dag at gnui.org
Mon Jul 27 01:41:09 CEST 2020

Ian Maclauchlan <Ian.Maclauchlan at smartstream-stp.com> wrote:
> Hi there we recently upgrade our Windows server from 2008 to 2019 and Gnu to 3.1.12

??

GNU is a vague operating system (just like, e. g., ‘UNIX’) and it has no versions per se.

GnuPG version 3 does not exist yet.  The stable release is 2.2.21.

I guess, you mean GnuPG 2.1.12.  (Why not the latest, by the way?)

> Since then the command line
>
> type passphrase.txt | gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --no-tty --batch -o exp.txt -d extract_ *.txt.pgp
>
> has stopped working as the passphrase window keeps popping up.

> Can someone please help me.

‘The GNU Privacy Guard Manual’ can (emphasis mine):

| '--passphrase-fd N'
|      Read the passphrase from file descriptor N.  Only the first line
|      will be read from file descriptor N.  If you use 0 for N, the
|      passphrase will be read from STDIN. This can only be used if only
|      one passphrase is supplied.
|
|      Note that since Version 2.0 this passphrase is only used if the
|      option '--batch' has also been given.  Since Version 2.1 the
|      *'--pinentry-mode'* also needs to be set to 'loopback'.

— (info "(gnupg) GPG Esoteric Options")

> The information in this email is confidential...

Nope, youʼve just posted it to the public mailing list.