Why is there no secret key?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Jul 27 21:13:32 CEST 2020

On 27/07/2020 20:56, Ayoub Misherghi wrote:
> The same thing happens when I give the option --no-batch on the
> command line.

But that only passes --no-batch to gpg, not to gpg-agent. Werner said
you shouldn't put these options in your .conf-files. Please just include
--batch on the command line with the actual batch commands.

> The problem seems to have gone away when I moved the config option
> inentry-mode loopback
>
> to the $HOME/.gnupg/gpg.conf from the $HOME/.ngupg/gpg-agent.conf

--pinentry-mode is a gpg option, not a gpg-agent option. The
loopback-related option to gpg-agent is --allow-loopback-pinentry.

> In the final version when development ends, I am going to have
> "no-batch" in the config because the final version works
>
> non-interactively (and through the API.) That is why I have it in the
> config now.

Please just include --batch (I assume you mistyped when you wrote
--no-batch) on the command line with the actual batch commands.

Not sure what you mean by through the API.

HTH,

Peter.