Certified OpenPGP-encryption after release of Thunderbird 78

Juergen Bruckner juergen at bruckner.tk
Tue Jun 2 13:16:38 CEST 2020

Hello Patrick,

> Let's first define Standard users. The majority of users who use
> smartcards that *I* know are expert or power users. They can handle this.
>
> The "Standard users" I have in mind don't use GnuPG for anything else
> than encrypting mails, and they don't use smartcards either. They won't
> have this issue in any way.

I'm sorry but I have to contradict you in that topic.
I found out that more 'standard users' than I thought are using
Smartcards or Tokens like Nitrokey or Yubikey (or anything similiar).
It is requested in security/gpg workshops more and more, and in the last
3 or 4 workshops I've held, each of the 15 participiants already had a
Smartcard or Token and wanted to know how to use them.

So I think this is not just a topic for 'professional or power users'
but also for so called standard users.

best regards from Austria
Juergen

--