decrypt aes256 encrypted file without gpg-agent

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jun 28 21:47:34 CEST 2020

On Freitag, 26. Juni 2020 09:33:15 CEST Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
> I have file encrypted with symmetric cipher (aes256) and not signed.
>
> How can I decrypt it without using gpg agent ?

Use openssl. Or another simple program offering symmetric encryption/
decryption with AES.

GnuPG is a tool for public key encryption. The fact that it can also be used
for symmetric encryption doesn't mean that it's the best tool for symmetric
encryption. You want to decrypt files without using gpg-agent? Then don't use
gpg.

Regards,
Ingo