keys.openpgp.org not working on CentOS 7

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Sat Mar 21 17:24:11 CET 2020

On 20/03/2020 15:18, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:35:34AM +0000, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
>> (*) Yes, I have to use CentOS 7. Customer requirement. :-(
>
> If using third-party repositories is an option for you, we package
> gnupg22-static here:
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/icon/lfit/packages/

I discovered your blog on the subject[1] earlier and it helped me over
that particular hump, thank you! :-)

In order to get the distro monkeysphere to work, I also had to edit its
default PATH, force-migrate its core keyring, and hot-patch one of its
library routines to ignore subkey fingerprints. It will break on the
next upgrade, but it's CentOS 7 so it will never be upgraded.

I'm learning to live with a very low bar of "acceptability"...

Thanks again!

[1]
https://people.kernel.org/monsieuricon/run-gnupg-2-2-17-on-your-el7-system

--