monkeysign removal from bullseye

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Sun Mar 22 20:22:54 CET 2020

Hi Andrew,

On 22.03.2020 19:01, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
> Come back to me when there is a fully scriptable interface to gpg.
> Monkeysign abstracted away a*LOT*  of that pain.

Actually newer GnuPG already has a lot of interesting options. For key
signing automation the most interesting one is "--quick-sign-key" that
can sign a given UID in a key given by fingerprint.

Used like that:

https://github.com/wiktor-k/airsigner/blob/master/offline/sign-and-create-emails#L28

Monkeysign's README already notes that but OpenKeychain can also import
and sign keys with its built-in QR code scanner. But that's probably not
a direct replacement for monkeyscan.

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--