keys require a user-id

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Fri May 15 15:02:34 CEST 2020

I think we are conflating two related but distinct ideas here.

On 15/05/2020 13:35, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Why do you want to be able to import a key in
> GnuPG that would be utterly unusable?

There are use cases where you might want to transfer only the
modifications to a key, without necessarily distributing the entire key.
Publicly revoking a primary key without disclosing its user IDs, for
example. But this is distinct from being able to create a new key with
no user IDs at all, which I see no reasonable use for - if your user ID
is sensitive, then use an alias. Even in the use case described above
the keys have aliases.

--
Andrew Gallagher