keys require a user-id

Damien Goutte-Gattat dgouttegattat at incenp.org
Sat May 16 23:07:22 CEST 2020

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 04:28:58PM -0400, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>With judicious use of the various -clean options, the key spamming bug
>is effectively dead...

I’d like to point out that the options you are referring to are actually
enabled by default nowadays (since 2.2.17). So from an user’s point of
view, the judicious thing to do is simply to use the latest GnuPG
version available.

I am pointing that out because people could interpret your comment as
meaning that GnuPG requires some tinkering of its options in order to be
safely usable with regard to the SKS spamming issue. That’s not the
case; the default configuration is fine.

- Damien